- Genesis 1:1-3 God began communications in the beginning. God expressed what is in his mind and heart and all was created.
- Jer. 1:4-10 God gave this individual his words and he used this simple man to proclaim God’s word. Whole nations and kingdoms would be uplifted or torn down by his words.
- Daniel 5:5-6 The word was written on the wall. God used drama to communicate.
- Matt. 3:16-17 God spoke directly concerning how pleased he was with Jesus.
- John 12:27-30 God speaks here for the listener’s sake. Some listening didn’t understand God’s message. Even if today we were given messages directly, some of us would not get the message.
- 1 Thessalonians 2:13 The message was being heard in this church and work was being done in this church by the word.
God Changes Our Perspectives
- 2 Cor. 3:14-16 The veil is lifted and we see things differently. An open heart will change how we think and helps us see things from God viewpoint.
God Tells Us What He Wants
- Joshua 8:1-8 God told him to go forth.
God Encourages & Comforts Us
- Isaiah 66:10-14 When God gives a message he also gives support.
God Gives Promises and Warnings to Us
- Matt. 25:31-46 On the one hand there is the call to avoid evil and on the other God loves the one who loves what is good. Hear God’s messages with an open heart.
The Holy Spirit
- Eph. 6:17 The word is a living word.
- 2 Tim. 3:16-17 May we have a love of scripture and read it as if we are looking for a message.
- Heb. 4:12-13 God’s word is living and active. God knows you as an individual and wants to work in your life.
—Robert Lee, 7-17-05, p.m.