Can we depend on and trust others in our day to day life? We need to be able to trust others.
- Isaiah 59:1-8 – These people lived in a society where people didn’t tell the truth. Is our society like this today?
- Jeremiah 9:1-6 – These people could not be trusted because they had left God.
Dishonesty Is Condemned
- Lev. 19:11 -Don’t lie or be dishonest with one another.
- Pov. 6:16-19 -God hates lying.
- John 8:44 – Lies come from Satan.
- Col. 3:9 – Don’t lie because that’s in our past life not our new creation in Christ.
- Rev. 21:8 – The eternal spiritual outcome of lying is eternal lake of fire.
- Rev. 22:15 – Liars are outside the heavenly gates.
The Power of Integrity
- Psalm 15:1-5 – Those who speak truth in their own hearts abide with God.
- Psalm 119:29 -Remove the false way from me, God.
- Psalm 119:163 -Love God’s law to learn to be honest.
- Prov. 12:19 – Truth lasts forever, but lying is momentary.
- Prov. 12:22 – God loves those who are faithful.
- Eph. 4:25 -32 – Be the person God is calling you to be.
—Robert Lee, 9-28-08, p.m.