There are things that are easier to hear about than it is to do. God wants us to share with others.
Acts 20:33-35 -Jesus says it is more blessed to give than to receive. Do you believe that there will be more blessings for you when you give than when you receive?
God is a Giver
- Matt. 6:25-26 -To earthly creatures
- Matt. 5:44-45 -To righteous and the unrighteous
- John 3:16 -To believers a special gift of his Son, Jesus
We Must be Givers
- Romans 12:3-8 – Just like the parts of the human body, the body of Christ should work together to create the blessings in the world that God intends. What gifts can you us to give to the Church and the community?
- Eph. 4:15-16 – Christ works through each of us to bless those around us.
- Phil. 2:1-11 (1:15-18) – Don’t be self centered. Recognize the opportunities God gives you to help others. Don’t do things from selfish ambition.
Caring for Ourselves
- Mark 1:35-38 – Jesus was by himself to pray. He was rejuvenating his spirit
- Mark 6:30-32 – The group was taking care of themselves. We must be full to give anything away.
Are we givers or are we going to empty?
–Robert Lee, 8-16-09, a.m.