Gratitude in Heart and Words
- Col. 3:15-17- Being thankful is something that happens within our hearts. We must express our gratitude to God from the feeling in the heart. The thankfulness that is overflowing is “charis – that which bestows or occasions pleasure, delight, favorable regard.”
God’s Mercy, Love, and Grace
- Mercy is a compassion for us
- Love is value of us
- Grace is joy and delight over us- “charis”
Thankfulness and God’s Grace
- Rom. 6:17, 1 Cor. 1:3-8, 2 Cor. 4:15 -Grace “charis” is a greeting of delight. Grace causes us to give thanks back to God.
God Gives Us His Grace
- Rom. 3:24, Romans 11:5-6, 2 Cor. 12:9, Eph. 4:7-8, Heb. 13:9 – We are given salvation as a gift by God’s grace. Our behaviors change because of God’s grace and our desire to please him. When we fully appreciate what God has done for us, we can live through difficult situations. We experience God’s grace individually. Our hearts are strengthened by grace.
Choosing God’s Grace
- Rom. 5:1-2 2 Tim. 2:1, 1 Peter 5:12, 1 Peter 4:10 -We are able to stand in difficult times because of God’s grace. Will we choose God’s grace? Wherever we can go to get more of this we should do it – read the word, pray, obey, fellowship. We must do our part to obtain God’s grace. Hold onto God’s grace. As you experience this grace share it with others.
—Robert Lee, 11-11-07, p.m.