Learning to Have a Grateful Heart
There are incredible things that happen in this life for which we are thankful. The sick are healed and people walk away from severe accidents without harm. If we thank God for our good fortune depends on the condition of our hearts and our faith.
Speaking From Our Heart
- Psalm 37:30-31- The righteous person is able to know the mind of God and speak wisdom
- Proverbs 16:23 – The heart of the wise instructs his heart. Change what’s in your heart
- Isaiah 59:13- If you have evil in your heart and mind you will be negative
- Matt. 12:33-37 – The tree is known by its fruit.
The Exhortation to be Thankful
- Col. 3:15-17 -Be thankful to God. Let God’s words dwell inside of you. Let the peace of Christ rule your life.
- Col. 4:2-6 – We need to be alert to what needs to be prayed for. We need to use thankfulness as a way to be alert.
What are we putting into our hearts?
- Deut. 6:4-6 -Put God’s words into our hearts
- Prov 4:20-27 – Listen to God’s wise words and good things will come out of you. You will have an abundant life.
- Psalms 86:11-13 – Want to know God’s words.
What is in our hearts?
When your mouth opens your heart is revealed.
—Robert Lee, 11-23-08, a.m.