The God Who Is Truly for Us
Today is a day set aside to honor mothers. We do remember their sacrifices today for their children. As good as that relationship can be, God has something even greater for us.
As Christians it is still hard to grasp what God did for us in Jesus’ sacrifice.
God Will not Forsake Us
- Isaiah 49:14-16 -God says that nursing mother would forget her child be he will forget us
- Isaiah 44:21-23 -Even the heaven’s rejoice at the thought of God’s unending love for his creation
- Psalm 27:10 -Even if there is a broken family relationship God will still lift me up.
God is on our side
- Psalm 56:8-11(Heb. 13:5) – God is for me. He has a book that shows evidence of his tears for me. What can man do to me?
- Psalm 118:5-9 -The Lord is for me. I can take refuge in God.
- Romans 8:26-39 – Who is against us? God justifies us. Nothing earthly can separate us from God.
No mother’s love is enough to keep us from all the darkness of this world. God is for you and he can help you with the worldly darkness.
Compassion and Mercy of God
- 2 Chron. 30:9 -God is waiting
- Jer. 3:11-13 – Come back by acknowledging your sins. He wants you back
- Joel 2:12-13 -God is gracious and compassionate.
- Matt. 23:37-38 – God wants to gather those who are willing.
God longs for you. Be willing to receive God’s gifts for you.
—Robert Lee, 5-11-08, a.m.