Responding to a Young Atheist
God created the earth. Not everyone believes that God exists or that He created the earth. Atheists are often angry at God and at other’s faith.
The Anger of the Atheist
Replacing Anger with Peace
- Eph. 4:31-5:2 – God has a better way for humans to live. Replace anger, bitterness, and wrath with love. We have to make a decision to put away anger. We have to let it go so you can live with a more tender heart towards others.
- Matt. 13:12 – The more love you have, the more that attitude will grow. We have to let anger go. We have to do our part in letting go of sin so God can do his part. God wants us to be free of things in our lives that don’t lead to peace for us. He wants us to have relief.
- Col. 3:14-15 – Let peace rule your life.
- 2 Thess. 3:16 -God is the God of peace. He will help us.
- Heb. 12:14-15 – Go after peace in your life. You don’t have to be stuck in anger and bitterness. Follow Christ and God will help us.
The Despair of the Atheist
Replacing Despair with Hope
- Eph. 2:11-12 -Without God, life is a dead-end. God has provided hope through Jesus.
- Rom. 5:1-9 -Through faith we have peace and hope. God thought out the plan for us before we knew we needed it.
- Romans 8:18-25 – God wants what is best for people and has set the plan in motion to give us the best. Instead of saying the pain of this world is leading to a dead end he says these are birth pains for a beautiful world.
- Rom. 15:13 -Abound in hope.
Replacing Disbelief with Assurance
- Psalm 53:1-6 -A fool says there is no God. If no one knows for sure, go towards God.
- 1 Cor. 1:4-9 – Paul knows God is faithful to us.
- Phil. 1:6 – Paul is confident that God will see us through.
- 2 Tim. 1:12 – Paul knew what he believed. God has the world in his hands. God will see us through.
- 2 Tim. 4:6-8 -Paul had faith in the future. There was no dead-end for Paul and there is no dead-end for any believer.
- God loves those who are struggling with faith. We have everything to gain from believing in God. We have future with God.
–Robert Lee, 9-27-09, a.m.