We can influence how people think about Jesus. We can live to exalt Christ.
Christ Glorified Always
- Philippians 1:19-20 -We can influence people towards Christ with our physical body whether we live or die.
- Matthew 5:14-16 – You life is an example to the world. Your good works exalt God and show him in a positive way. We must live to bring others to Christ.
- Acts 2:46-47 – These people were bringing gladness about Christ to all.
- Romans 14:16-18 – Live with gladness so that God approves of us and men approve. Don’t cause anger, conflict, or separation with your attitudes. Focus on glorifying Christ.
Christ Glorified in Helping Others
- Philippians 1:21-26 – Paul believed that if he died he would be with Christ. He was willing to remain on earth for others to learn more about Christ.
- Gal. 6:10 – Do good to all when you have the chance.
- Eph. 2:10 -God saved us for good works.
- Titus 2:14, 3:8, 14 – We need to have zeal for good deeds. We must plan to do good deeds. We glorify God when we do good deeds.
Christ Glorified in Suffering Together
- Philippians 1:27-30 – When we are willing to join in others’ sufferings we are glorifying God. We are showing his ways to the world.
- Philippians 4:14, 2 Timothy 1:15-18 -These are examples of people who joined Paul in his suffering.
- Hebrews 10:32-34 – Another example of those who joined together with other’s who are suffering.
—Robert Lee, 2-10-08, p.m.