Empowered to Serve God
You have to be connected to the source of power for something to happen.
God’s Glory in the Tabernacle
- Exodus 40:34- God’s Glory filled the completed Tabernacle. God was physically there.
God’s Glory in the Temple
- 1 Kings 8:10-11 (2 Chron. 5:13-14, 7:1-3)-Solomon was able to build a temple and God’s presence was seen.
- Ezekiel 10:1-23, 11:14-25-God’s glory left the temple in Ezekiel’s vision. Because of sin, the temple was destroyed and the people were taken captive.
- Ezekiel 43:1-4 – The Glory of God comes into the new temple. This is a prediction of Jesus.
God’s Glory in the Church
- Acts 2:1-47 -The Holy Spirit came with power. Christians are filled with the power of God.
- Eph. 2:19-22 – The Church is a holy temple to the Lord filled with the Power of God’s Spirit. Sin is dealt with in our lives and we can let God in.
- Col. 1:25-29 – Christ is a Christian’s hope of glory. When we do good things we can only do those things because of God working in us.
- Col. 1:13-14 – We are in the kingdom of God. We enter this kingdom through the forgiveness of sins.
Will We Manifest God’s Glory?
- Matt. 5:14-16 -We are intended to give light to the world. God is in us so we can give light despite our weaknesses.
- 2 Cor. 4:6-11 – We can be God’s instrument because of his power.
- 2 Cor. 13:1-5 – Christ lives in us because of the power of God. Sin must be dealt with so we can make a place for God to dwell in us.
–Robert Lee, 7-19-90, a.m.