Leaders are supposed to equip those they lead.
- A Frequent Sequence
- People are attracted
- There is no place for their talents
- Spiritual growth stagnates
- People leave
Healthy Churches help members:
- Form genuine relationships
- Find gifts
- Equip with knowledge and skills
- Get involved in Church’s mission
- Take ownership of Church work
God wants his church to grow:
- In numbers Luke 24:45-48 – Add members by witnessing
- Spiritually -2 Cor. 13:9-11 -mature/ get stronger as our physical bodies do as we become adults. God wants us to move towards spiritual completeness
- Heb. 5:11-14 – We need to develop a “taste” for higher spiritual food, not baby food. There is danger when Christians don’t move forward spiritually. We leave ourselves open to evil in the world (1 Peter 5:10, Heb. 1:20-21)
- Organically – Eph. 4:11 -Stronger spiritual relationships with God and other Christians. We need to be an integral part of the Spiritual body. The job of a teacher in the Church is to equip everyone to do the work of service to God.
As Christians we need to equip ourselves for our service to God. Eph. 6:10-18
2 Tim. 2:2 -Leaders delegate tasks to people and equip them to do the tasks.
Can we all be servants and equippers?