A Tendency to Hide
- Gen. 2:25 – The people were not ashamed and there was no need to hide from each other or from God.
- Gen. 3:7-8 – Adam and Eve have sinned and now they are ashamed of their actions. They are now trying to hide from each other and from God. Everything has changed.
- Psalm 32:1-7 – If we hide our sins on the inside our life drains away. God is the place to hide when He forgives our sins. Open up to God and he will forgive. Bring your sins to God in faith.
- Prov. 28:13 – God has compassion on the sinful. Don’t hide from God.
- Matt. 23:25-28 – Don’t be a hypocrite about your sin. Confess your sin so that you actions follow a pure heart. Don’t hide behind traditions to avoid dealing with what is inside your heart. Confront your sin. Be transformed into a new holy person who follows God.
Motivated to Repent, Change, Grow
- 2 Sam. 11-12 -This is the story of David and Bathsheba. David sinned.
- 2 Sam. 11:27 – Sin is evil in God’s eyes. No matter how David covered this sin, God was still grieved.
- 2 Sam. 12:13 – David confessed his sin against God. He could now be right with God.
- James 5:14-16 – Confess your sins and prayer for one another. We get in bad situations and these can be the motivation for change. The Spirit of God wants to work with us for good.
- 1 Peter 2:1-3 – There is no place for any degree of sin in our lives. We need to grow in our salvation.
- 1 John 1:5-2:2 – Walk in God’s light. Confess and be forgiven. Open your heart to God and God will cleanse you. Get your sins into God’s light and they will all be gone.
Dealing with Hidden Sin
- Psalm 51:7, 17 – David deals with his sin.
- Luke 17:3-5 – Jesus wants us to be serious about being right with God and with our human relationships. Have patience with yourself and with others as we recover from sin.
- 2 Cor. 2:5-11 – Be open about sin and God will forgive.
–Robert Lee, 3-21-10 a.m.