We can be very confident in some areas of our lives and very lacking in confidence in other areas of life.
- Acts 4:13 – These leaders were used to people showing deference to them and were surprised when these two have so much confidence. These two had been with Jesus.
- Heb. 4:16 – Draw near to God with confidence.
- Heb. 10:19-22 – We can enter the holy place with confidence because of Jesus.
- 1 John 5:14 – We pray with confidence.
- Rom. 2:19 – These people thought they could lead others even though they had sin in their lives.
- Phil. 3:3-4 – Don’t put your confidence in the flesh
- 1 Tim. 1:7 – Don’t always listen to the understanding of others. Check for yourself. The Bible is a guide for what we can and should have confidence in.
Developing Confidence from God
- Acts 4:29 – Prayer builds confidence. Ask God for confidence when you are doing his will.
- Acts 3:31 – Rely on God’s Power and Focus on God and his strength. Have faith in God.
- 2 Cor. 3:12 – Hope, believe in God. Because Jesus was raised from the dead we have hope of eternal life.
- Eph. 3:11-12 – Christ Jesus – we can do all things thru him.
- 1 Tim. 3:13 – Serve well; do what you do for the Lord well and your confidence will grow.
- 1 John 3:21-22 – Deal with sin in your life. No self condemnation. Don’t let sin or a guilty conscience keep you from service to God.
Persevering in Confidence
- Heb. 3:6. 14 – Hold tightly to your confidence in God
- Heb. 10:35 – Don’t let your faith in God go.
- 1 John 2:28 – Abide in Him
- 1 John 4:17 – We can have confidence in the Day of Judgment because of Jesus Christ.
–Robert Lee, 3-21-10, p.m.