Our Motivation for Sharing
The Compassion of God
- Genesis 19:16 – Angels were sent to rescue Lot and his family because God was compassionate.
- Deut. 32:36 – The Lord will help his people when they can’t go on.
- Psalm 40:11 – We need to have faith that God is compassionate.
- Psalm 72:12-14 -God will deliver the needy when they need it. God’s timing is not our timing. (Psalm 103:12-14)
- Isaiah 30:18-19 – God longs to bless you and he is waiting to have compassion.
- James 5:11 – The Lord is full of compassion. True compassion comes from deep within.
- Matt. 9:13(12:7) -Jesus was spending time with sinners. Jesus shows compassion on those who need him the most.
- Matt. 9:36 – Jesus cares for those who are in need. Jesus is practical in helping for these people he was moved by compassion. (Matt. 15:32, 20:34)
Put on a Heart of Compassion
- Col. 3:12 – Have deep inner feelings for others. Grow and be like God.
- Luke 10:33 -The Good Samaritan helped when he saw the need because he felt compassion.
- Luke 16:19-22 – The rich man did not respond to the needs of Lazarus. His heart was not compassionate for Lazarus’ situation.
- 1 John 3:16-18 – God sent his son because of Love. How can we not respond to those in need when Jesus came for us?
—Robert Lee, 12-14-08, p.m.