How to Please God
The Importance of doing God’s will
- Matt 7:21 -Actions show we are doing God’s will. We must show that God’s will is important to us as Christians
- Matt. 6:10 – Pray that God’s will is done
- Matt. 26:36-46 -Jesus prayed that God’s will would be done. God sent an angel to help him because he was struggling so much.
- John 4:34, 5:30, 6:38 – Jesus says doing God’s will is his Spiritual food.
- James 4:15 – If the Lord wills this or that will happen. Whatever happens is within Gods will.
Understanding God’s Will
- John 6:39-40 – If you do God’s will, Jesus will raise you up on the last day.
- John 7:17 – We must be willing to do God’s will
- Eph. 5:17 – Understand God’s will – We are not supposed to turn over all our day to day decisions to God, but we are supposed to recognize that we need God’s goodness in our lives
- Matt. 9:13 -Be caring for one another as God cares for you. God wills that we are compassionate with others
- Matt. 18:14 – God’s will is for children to be protected. God loves children
- 1 Thess. 4:3 – God wills that we abstain from immorality
- 1 Thess. 5:18 -God wants us to be easy
- 1 Tim. 2:4 – God wants everyone to be saved
- 1 Peter 3:17 – It is sometimes God’s will that we suffer for doing what is right.
Blessings from doing God’s will
- Mark 3:35- We are Jesus’ brother or sister if we do God’s will
- 1 John 2:17 – The one who does God’s will lives forever
- 1 John 5:14 -We are heard by God when we are doing his will
—Robert Lee, 10-19-08, p.m.