Putting on Jesus
Dressing up in a costume can give us a chance to be someone else. When we dress ourselves for righteousness, we are clothing ourselves spiritually to become like Christ.
- Job 29:14- Job was wearing what was good and righteous.
- Psalm 132:9 – Leaders need to be righteous in order to lead in the right way.
- Isaiah 59:12-18 – God puts on righteousness in order to battle sin.
- Isaiah 61:10-11 – This is a reference to being dressed right for the occasion. When we have salvation, we need to be dressed with spiritual joy.
Putting on Christ in Baptism
- Galatians 3:26-28 (Eph, 5:25-27) – Be baptized to commit to Christ. Give yourself to the Lord and receive a new spiritual life – be clothed with Christ. Your identity is different. By wearing Christ it will change who we are. Being a Christian you are wearing the same clothes as all other Christians.
Putting on Spiritual Armor
- Romans 13:11-14 (1Thess.5:8) – Put on the spiritual clothes you need to live a life for God. Our identity is changed at conversion, but we need to put on a life style that matches what you are wearing.
- Eph. 6:10 – This is calling us to follow the example of God and put on the right spiritual armor to live successfully. We need protection from the evil that surrounds us.
What is required to wear a team uniform? When a person becomes part of team the uniform is provided. The players are expected to do the job of the team.
Putting on Righteous Living
- Colossians 3:1-14 (1 Peter 5:5) – We need to remove things from our lives that are wrong and put on the righteous acts of the Saints.
- 2 Cor. 3:18 – We are taking on Christ for eternity.
-—Robert Lee, 10-28-07, p.m.