Want more power in your Christianity? Apply these examples in your life.
The Rich young man lived a good life. He felt good about himself. The young man needed to get rid of his worldly stuff. He needed to focus on his spiritual life instead of his earthly stuff.
- Love God with your heart, mind, and strength. Love your neighbor as yourself. (Good Samaritan Luke 10:30-35)
- Help those who are in need.
- Jesus tells us not to make the kingdom so difficult to enter that it is impossible to follow all the rules.
- Keep your inside spiritually clean so your life will be clean.
Avoid these things in your life so you can be upright. Replace these things with the things in Gal. 5:22-26 (The Fruits of the Spirit)
When we are replacing these things, we will mess up. God will help us as we are trying to live a spiritual life. There is no worldly way to earn our way to heaven. God’s love and mercy are the only way to heaven. We need to apologize for our mistakes and go forward.
2 Tim. 4:1-2
- Have patience with yourselves and with others.
- Rebuke others with love and care.
2 Peter 1:2-9
- Fill your life with good things so you won’t stumble spiritually
- Jesus acts on our behalf with God.
- The Word can convict us when we are wrong.
- Other Christians can help us work through our spiritual problems by showing the love of Jesus.
- Jesus is waiting with living arms to assure us of our place in heaven.
—Eddie Bigler, 3-26-06, a.m.