2 Tim. 2:14-26
An Unashamed Workman
• 2 Tim. 2:14-19 – Be serious about the word. Don’t take it for granted. Don’t fight over thing that don’t matter.
• 1 Tim. 4:6-14 – Teach what is from the Word. Avoid worldly fables. The words you give to others build you up. Avoid the messages and communication styles that avoid conflict.
Becoming Vessels of Honor
• 2 Tim. 2:20-23 – Some household vessels are used for honor and some for dishonor. A vessels can be cleansed and used for honor instead of dishonor.
• 1 Tim. 1:12-13a – People who were sinners can be cleansed by God and can be used by God for good.
• Rom. 12:1-8 – Be changed and look for the highest purposes God has for you. Be valuable for God’s work.
• Acts 22:16 – A person who is coming to be baptized is cleansed by God. We have a part in cleansing ourselves. We have a choice in our own actions. We choose to give ourselves to Christ.
Escaping the Devil’s Snare
• 2 Tim. 2:24-26 – The devil puts people into situations where they do horrible things to each other. Satan enjoys Christians fighting with one another.
• Acts 5:3 -Satan can fill your heart.
• Luke 22:3 -Satan entered Judas.
• John 10:1, Rev. 3:20 -Satan gets into your life any way he can. Jesus comes in by invitation.
• Eph. 4:26-27 -Don’t give Satan an opportunity through anger. Guard against situations that allow Satan in.
—Robert Lee, 7-22-07, a.m.