The Church needs to be going where God desires.
- We don’t need leaders to stay in the same place.
- Gen. 11:8-9 – The tower of Babel – God sent the people where he wanted them.
- Genesis 12:1-3 – Abraham was willing to respond to God.
- Matt. 28:19 – God said go. We as a church need to be ready to do God’s will.
The Church needs Visionary Leaders
- 2 Cor. 11:2 – We need to be able to respond as a congregation to the leaders’ vision.
- Eph. 4:11-16 – We are connected to the head, Christ Jesus, Col. 1:28 .
- Heb. 5:12 -We as a congregation need to mature as Christians so that we can take advantage of opportunities to serve God.
The Church needs Members Willing to Follow
- Eph. 5:1 – We need to follow God first of all.
- John 10:27 – We need to know Jesus’ voice and follow him.
- 1 Cor. 11:1- Our leaders need to imitate Jesus and we can follow their examples in how to live our lives.
- Phil.3:17 – Paul could say he was an example of how to live for Jesus.
The Church Needs the Power of God
- We often don’t understand the help we are getting in times of trouble.
- John 15:5 – Apart from God we can do nothing.
- 2 Cor. 3:5 – All our strength comes from God.
- Eph. 3:16, 6:10, Phil. 4:13 -Our faith, hope and strength is from God.
–Robert Lee, 5-23-10, p.m.