The Importance of Sharing with Others
We have a choice when it comes to responding to others.
Old Testament Commands
- Lev. 25:35-38 -God commanded his people to share
- Prov. 21:13 – There are consequences for stinginess
- Prov 22:9 – There are blessings for sharing
- Prov. 28:27- There are consequences for our actions
Sharing What we Have
- Matt 10:8- The disciples received freely from God and they were to give freely to others
- Luke 3:10-11 – Everyone is to share what they have.
- Luke 3:10-11 – Share our blessings
- Acts 3:6 – Share in Jesus’ name
- Romans 12:4-9a – We give from what God has given to each of us. We have more than money to give. We have bee given incredible Spiritual wealth.
A Compassionate Heart
- Luke 10:30-37 – God has given us emotions so that we can respond to people.
- Luke 11:41 – Develop a giving heart to be able to respond outwardly.
- 1 John 3:16-18 – We must develop the love that mimics the love God has for us. God sent Jesus to give us a way out of sin. When we see some one in need we must respond as God did to us.
Experiencing God’s Love
- Gal.2:20-21 – Because of our experiences with Christ, we are ready to serve others. We don’t want to nullify God’s gift by refusing to love others as God loved us.
- Luke12:16-21 – When we have selfish attitudes we do away with God’s love and sacrifice for us. We must have attitude of being rich towards God.
- 1 Tim. 6:17-19 -Share what you have with others. Build your attitudes on faith, love, and hope in your life.
- Heb. 13:16 – Do good and share with others.
—Robert Lee, 4-20-08, p.m