The Love of Our Heavenly Father
“No one can come to Me unless the Father who sent Me draws him; and I will raise him up at the last day.
God Reaches Out in Love
- Jeremiah 31:1-3 – God has everlasting love for his people and he draws people with his love. God’s pulls you even in difficult times
- Hosea 11:1-8 – God wants to have a relationship with his people. Humans lead animals with cords, but God binds people with love. God lifts burdens from people.
- Matt.11:28-30 – Jesus says come to me. Jesus desires those who have burdens of the soul and emotion to come to him. Jesus is touching our hearts. Jesus yoke is easy and light.
- 1 John 4:9-10 – In Jesus God manifests his love to us. God is reaching to us to have a relationship with him.
God Initiates the Relationship
- John 6:41-45 – God draws people unto him. God starts the process and through Jesus we have a way to God.
- Romans 5:6-10 – God hates sin so we are all in trouble. We were sinners and enemies of God, but through Jesus we have a way to God.
- Acts 2:37-40 – God calls people to him. God wants you. He loves you and has concern for you.
- 2 Thess. 2:13-14 – God calls people through the gospel to him.
What God is offering through Jesus is voluntary on our part.
Satan Uses Lies to Ensnare Us
- John 8:43-45- Satan is the father of lies. God uses love to draw us, but Satan uses lies.
- 2 Cor. 11:3 – We can be led away from Christ. Satan is a destroyer.
What is our Response?
- John 12:32-36 (John 3:14-15) – God tells the truth. Jesus sacrifice was for everyone. Salvation is in Jesus Christ.
- Luke 15:28 – The father pleads for you to come to him.
—Robert Lee, 4-20-08, a.m.