PBS recently ran a documentary called “This Emotional Life.” This series summed up having good emotional health by saying having good relationships with people will lead to happiness. As Christians we have the blessings of a relationship with God and with other Christians.
God Visits His People
- To Punish – Exodus 20:5, Num. 14:18, Deut 5:9 -God helps people make changes
- To Bless -Ruth 1:6, 1Sam. 2:21, Psalm 65::9, Luke 1:68, 7:16- God brings blessings
There is closeness between God and his people.
Church Leaders Are to Visit
- 1 Tim. 3:1 -Overseers are to go out of the way to visit the flock.
- 1 Peter 5:2 – Shepherds should do this job willingly
- James 5:13-15 – The sick should call on the elders to pray over them. The elders must make the visit. This is a spiritual blessing for the physically sick.
We are All to Visit One Another
- 2 Tim. 1:16-18 – This is an example of someone visiting a prisoner. Visitation can refresh the spirit.
- Heb. 10:23-26 -At the assembly we have a chance to be spiritually refreshed.
- Matt. 25:34-36 – Jesus describes his servants as people who will make contact with others to build them up.
- James 1:27 -Visit orphans and widows to have pure religion.
We never know what a difference our contacts with others can make in their lives.
God Sees Us (James 1:27)
- 2 Chron. 16:9a – God wants to support those whose hearts are his; He is watching to help those who are doing good.
- Luke 15:20 – The prodigal’s father saw him and came to him.
–Robert Lee, 2-7-10, a.m.