Does God assist us in our times of need?
God’s Sign for Ahaz
- Isaiah 7:1-4 – This is a very threatening situation. God sends a prophet with a message of strength and comfort. God comforts us as a parent comforts a frightened child. God has answers.
- Isaiah 7:9b-16 – God wants us to believe his message. Immanuel is a sign of God’s assurance. God is with us. We can trust God he will see us through.
- Isaiah 8:8-10 – Even when we seem lost, God is everlasting. Enemies may appear to be winning, but ultimately, God’s plan will win out. God is on the side of the believers.
- Isaiah 35:3-4 – Don’t be afraid God will save you.
- Deuteronomy 20:1-4 – God goes with you. The God described in the Bible is still with us today.
The Sign of Jesus
- Matt. 1:18-25 – The birth of Jesus is a sign of God’s continued presence with his believers.
- Matt. 6:25-26 – Jesus says look at how God cares for nature. Believe God is looking over us also.
- Matt. 24:1-13 – Jesus says not to let earthly events frighten us. God is with his people. Have a faith that endures
- Matt. 24:19-20 – Jesus calls us to have peace because he is always with us.
God’s Power for Paul
- 2 Cor. 1:8-11 – Paul saw that God had delivered him from all circumstances.
- 2 Cor. 4:7-10 – God helps us even though our mortal bodies are easily broken. Our Christian faith will continue on beyond all earthly kingdoms.
- 2 Cor. 13:11-14 – God is with the whole church.
- 2 Tim. 4:16-18 – The Lord will rescue me and bring me to his heavenly kingdom.
Does God save us today? Yes, God is with us.
—Robert Lee, 12-16-07, a.m.