God’s Power Over Evil
Forces of evil are real and Jesus power is greater.
- Mark 5:1-20 – This man from the tombs was filled with unclean spirits. This man was living in an unnatural place, he had supernatural strength, and he was trying to hurt himself. These forces in him were not the man himself.
- Mark 9:14 -The boy has an evil spirit. The boy couldn’t talk; he had seizures, and the spirit through him into the flames.
- Acts 19:11-16 -Seven sons were trying to throw out the spirits and they were overcome by them instead. The power of this spirit was great.
The Greater Power of Jesus
- Mark 5:1-20 -The spirits beg Jesus to let them go to the pigs. Jesus was in total control of the spirits. Jesus gave permission and the pigs destroyed themselves.
- Mark 9:14-29 Acts 9:11-16 -The spirits knew Jesus. Jesus has authority over the Spiritual realm.
- Mark 1:21 – Jesus taught with authority and he was recognized by the demons. The people of that day believed in the spiritual world and recognized the authority Jesus in the Spiritual world.
- Mark 3:14-15, 6: 7, 13 -Jesus gave the 12 authority over the spirits. They could do this work because of Jesus.
Receiving Power over Evil
- John 8:31-36 -Slaves of sin, free in Christ. When the son frees you, you are free forever. Sometimes we can be bound by sin and not recognize our condition. Jesus can open our eyes and free us.
- Romans 7:14-25 – Sin causes us to do what we hate. We want to do good, but sin causes us to do what is evil. Sin can be like those evil spirits because it binds the individual to evil habits and choices.
- Eph. 3:14-21 -Our faith in God gives us power to overcome sin and be filled with the power of God. Paul teaches we don’t have live with evil.
- Eph. 4:22-24 – Put on your new self.
We are not the creature of sin, but of God. God has created a way through Jesus cross for us to be free.
- 2 Thess. 3:3 -The Lord is faithful
—Robert Lee, 5-17-09, a.m.