What is the Gospel?
- Philippians 1:27-30 -Live in a way that is worthy of the gospel. Remember the essentials of the message of God’s love. Put forth the effort to live up to the standard of the Gospel of love.
- 1 Corinthians 15:1-8 – The Gospel is the thing that is the most important and is able to save. Paul’s focus is on the facts of Jesus’ death and resurrection and sacrifice for our souls. Act in a way that shows this focus in your life. Put aside the issues that are not as important.
Love, Humility and Unity
- Philippians 2:1-4 – Love people as God loved you. Give to people where they are. God came to us as a human being. We all struggle with pride, but God became like us,
- 1 Corinthians. 9:16-23 – Paul became like all so he could win them because of the Gospel. Paul followed the example of Jesus. We need to be with people where they are today.
Christ’s Incredible Sacrifice
- Philippians 2:5-11 – God gave himself in the form of Jesus so he could be the perfect sacrifice. This is the good news for us. Jesus became the servant of all to take our sins on him. Jesus was the lowest bondservant to ever walk the face of the earth and yet he is God’s most exalted.
- 2 Cor. 5:14-15 – God’s love is total in the story of Jesus. Paul is now ready to follow Jesus and live for him. He became a slave of Jesus because of his love of Christ and his intention of becoming like Jesus.
God is working in us!
- Philippians 2:12-13 – God gets credit for working in our lives. All good things are from God. God helps us when we ask for help. Ask for humility and faith. We can join Jesus as a humble servant.
—Robert Lee, 2-17-08, a.m.