Our Perfect Intercessor Before God
Often when we read about the temptation of Jesus we think about what this teaches us about how to live our lives. What does this story tell us about Jesus?
The Growth of Jesus
- Luke 2:40 – Jesus grew and became full of wisdom. His life was filled with grace.
- Luke2:52 – Jesus increased in the favor of God. Others could see the Spirit of God in Jesus.
- Luke 3:21-22, Matt. 4:13-17, Mark 1:9-11 – Jesus was pleasing to God. He was baptized and he had never failed God. Jesus’ life had honored God.
The Victory of Jesus
- Matt. 4:1-11, Mark 1:12-13, Luke 4:1-13 -These are the accounts of the temptation of Jesus.
Jesus, Our Perfect Intercessor
- Heb. 2:17-18 – Jesus is the Spiritual High Priest. He can make everything right with God on our behalf Jesus was tempted just as we are and he handled all things without sin. Jesus understands all things.
- Heb. 4:14-16 – Jesus has been in our situation and he gives mercy and grace to us in our situation and our weakness. God calls us to love others as Jesus loved us.
- Heb. 7:23-28 – Jesus refused to give in to temptation and he is now available 24/7 as an intercessor for us with God.
- Heb. 9:11-14 – Jesus scarified once for all. Clean your own conscience thru Jesus to serve God. Jesus can relieve your burdens.
The Power of Jesus in our Lives
- 2 Cor. 5:21 -Jesus died as perfect man so that he could take our sins and give us his righteousness.
- 1 Cor. 130-31 -Jesus gives us all goodness
- John 15:4-5 – Being apart from Jesus we can do nothing. Our victory is thru Jesus perfection and his Spirit.
- Gal. 2:20 – Paul tells us he was crucified with Christ. Christ was living in Paul. He can live in us. Our strength can come from Christ if we accept, believe, and obey.
—Robert Lee, 2-8-09, a.m.