An Empowering Motivation
Jesus has the power to save us even when our faith falters. An example of this is the story of Peter walking on the water toward Jesus. Do we show that we love Jesus enough to step out? Can people see that we love Christ?
Paul’s Love for Christ
- 2 Tim. 4:6-8 – Everyone who loves his appearing will get a crown of righteousness when he appears.
- Phil. 3:4-8 – Knowing Christ was more important to Paul than anything else in Paul’s life. He discarded everything he was before to be a Christian.
- Phil. 1:21-23; 2 Cor. 5:6-8 -Paul was looking forward to being with Jesus.
- 2 Cor. 11:23-33 – Paul went through many trials and persecutions for Christ. His love for Christ motivated him to keep going.
What would your life look like, if you really loved Christ?
- 1 John 3:18 -Paul loved in deed. Paul didn’t have to talk about his love for Jesus, his deeds showed it.
Christ’s Love for All
- 2 Cor. 5:14-15 -Christ’s love was demonstrated by his love for us. Paul was controlled by Christ’s love for him.
- Gal. 2:20 -Paul was convinced of Christ’s love.
- Eph. 3:19 – Paul knew he couldn’t understand the depth of Christ’s love.
- 1 John 4:19 -We love because Christ loved us.
When we love Jesus we love God. We can love others because of the love we have from God.
Growing in Love for Christ
- Matt. 10:37 -We must love Jesus more than we love our father, mother, or children
- John 14:21 -Do what Jesus calls us to do to show your love for him.
- 1 Cor. 13:1-3 -Love is more than any earthly accomplishment.
- Eph. 6:24, Matt. 24:12-13 – Love Jesus purely.
Get to know Jesus, spend time with Jesus, Talk to Jesus, Trust Jesus.
–Robert Lee, 11-1-09, a.m