Part of the appeal of the Bible is that there is a great message presented by simple human stories.
Moses/Jesus God’s Messengers
- Exodus 19:1-9 – Moses told the people the words of God. The people can know the heart, will, and mind of God
- John 1:1- Jesus is the word of God
- John 8:26 -29 – Jesus spoke as God taught him
Moses/Jesus In God’s Presence
- Exodus 24:9-18 – These people communed with God.
- John 6:46- Jesus has seen God
- John 7:29 – Jesus knows God because he was sent from God
- John 8:38 – Jesus speaks what he has seen from the Father
Moses/Jesus Interceding For God’s People
- Exodus 32:7-14- Moses pleads for the people after they have sinned. The Lord changed his mind about the punishment for the people. Moses was there to intercede because of God’s will.
- Romans 8:33-34 – God made sure that we have an intercessor.
- Heb. 7:25 – Christ is our intercessor.
This is the fullness of God.
Moses/Jesus Seeking Forgiveness
- Exodus 32:30-35 – Moses puts himself on the line by saying he will die for these people’s forgiveness
- Luke 23:33-4a – Jesus asks for forgiveness
Moses/Jesus Insisting on the Presence of God
- Exodus 33-12-17 – Moses asks God to know he people and move among them
- John 15:26, 16:7- The comforter will be with us
- Acts 2:32-33 – The holy spirit was given to them
—Robert Lee, 5-18-08, p.m.