Trusting in the Evaluations of God
Paul’s Admonitions to Look at Ourselves
- 2 Cor. 13:5 – Test yourselves to see if Jesus is in you. God wants what is best for us.
- 1 Cor. 11:23-34 – Jesus instituted the Lord’s Supper. Paul’s advice to these Christians was for each one to understand he or she is thinking about spiritually. Judging yourself rightly will give you a blessing. God wants us to bring our sinfulness before him and get forgiveness.
Paul Would Not Judge Himself
- 1 Cor. 4:1-5 – The Lord is the judge of all human behavior. If we judge ourselves we can put ourselves in the seat of God. We are called to ask ourselves what we can do better.
To Judge or to Save
- John 8:12-24 – The pharacies decided Jesus was a false teacher because these people didn’t have all the evidence. These people cut themselves off from a blessing.
- John 12:47-48 – Jesus came to rescue people.
- Acts 2:40 – Reach out and be saved.
- 1 John 1:9 – He is faithful to forgive us and cleanse us from our sins.
—Robert Lee, 11-16-08, p.m.