Submitting to the Discipline of God
Each person has a different experience with his or her earthly father. Some father’s are great and some are not, but we all have a father in God.
Jesus Is God’s Son
- John 8:28-29 -Jesus talks about his close relationship with God the Father. He is God’s son. He and God worked together on the great mission of salvation.
- Heb. 1:5-6 -Jesus is God’s son. This was God’s will.
- Heb. 2:9-18 – When Jesus came to the earth as son, we were able to have the same relationship with God. He made us children in God’s family.
- Heb. 5:5-8 – Jesus learned obedience from the things he suffered. May we love him for the sacrifices he made for us.
Setting Our eyes on Jesus
- Col. 3:1-3-Jesus is our focus so that we can successfully complete what is before us. Jesus is running the race before us and showing the way.
- Acts 18:9-10-Jesus is our inspiration. Paul was assured in his difficult situation.
- 1 Peter 2:21-23 -Jesus is our example. Watch Jesus in his adversity.
We are Children of God
- 1 John 4:16-18 – God is always motivated by love. God’s discipline always has love behind it. Jesus never gave up on God. To build up physically, emotionally, and spiritually we must have challenges.
- 1 Peter 1:17-We must respect God. Trust him. He knows what he is doing.
- James 3:18 -Training results in the peaceful fruit of righteousness
—Robert Lee, 6-15-08, a.m.