Drawing on God’s Power
Sometimes people are turned from their zeal for the will of God by love for the world. Romans 7.
God Warns about Evil Desires
- 1 Cor. 10:5-6 -Don’t crave evil. The desires are just as great today
Descriptions of Evil Desires
- Romans 1:26-27 -we have burning desires. We need to listen to the warnings against unrestrained evil desires
- Eph. 2:3 -desires of the flesh against God need to be controlled by your mind
- Col. 3:5 -evil desires can lead to a dead end in our lives.
- 1 Tim. 5:11 -sensual desires can keep lead away from service to God.
- 1 Tim. 6:9 -foolish and harmful desires can lead away from God.
- 2 Tim. 4:3-4 -our own desires can turn us away from God. Feed your good desires so you want to do the right thing
- Titus 2:11-12 -worldly desires keep us from God. God’s will isn’t always the popular way.
- Titus 3:3 -We can be enslaved by various desires and impulses that are against God.
- 1 Peter 4:2 -We can follow our own desires, not God’s
- 2 Peter 2:9-10 -We need to watch for Satan twisting what is good into something evil.
- 2 Peter 2:18 -fleshly desires
- Jude 17-18 -ungodly lusts
These are the desires we want to work against so that we can do the will of God.
Evil Desires Crucified
- 1 Peter 1:14-16 -Have the desire to be holy. Move forward from your former way of life.
- Gal. 5:24-25 – the negative desires are crucified with Christ. We can live by the Spirit through Jesus’ sacrifice. God will give you the victory.
–Robert Lee, 10-14-07, p.m.