How do we picture our relationship with God?
Do We Really Know God And His Love for Us?
Are we children of God or slaves?
Paul Was God’s Son
- Romans 8:14-19 – As you are lead by the Spirit of God you are a child of God.
- Gal. 4:1-9 – In Jesus we are children of God. We have been adopted by God and are no longer slaves.
- Eph. 1:5 – We are adopted because of Gods love. Paul, even though he had the advantage of being born a Jew, included himself as a child by adoption. We are all adopted through the grace of God.
Paul Was Also God’s Slave
- Rom. 1:1; Phil. 1:1; Titus 1:1 – Paul was a bond servant (slave)
- 2 Cor. 4:5 – We are bondservants for Jesus sake.
- Gal. 1:10 – Paul was a bondservant or slave of God.
Believers Are God’s Children
- Gal. 3:26- We are children of God through faith in Jesus.
- 1 John 3:1a – It is a blessing from God.
Enslaving Ourselves to God
- 1 Peter 2:16 – Act as free people, but choose to be God’s servants and behave in God’s way.
- 2 Tim. 2:3-4 – Please the one you have enlisted to serve.
- Eph. 6:5-8 – We experience our greatest freedom as children of God, but we are slaves to God.
- 1 Cor. 7:22 – In Christ all are free and we give our full allegiance to God.
- Rom. 6:22 – We are freed from sin to serve God.
- Luke 17:7-10 – Slaves do what is commanded.
- Luke 12:35-38 – Be ready for the Master’s return. He will reward his servants.
The love of the Father is what elevates us to his family. We serve him because we want to give to him.
–Robert Lee, 6-20-10, p.m.