Experiencing Change from God
If we have total forgiveness will we just go out and sin?
- Romans 6:1, 15 -If we have abundant grace “super grace” will we sin more?
Everyone doesn’t respond to forgiveness and grace the same way.
Unclean are Cleansed
- Acts 22:14-16, 1 Cor. 6:9-11, Eph. 5:25-27- When our sins are taken away its like a good washing.
When you have been cleaned how quickly do you want to get dirty again?
Guilty are Justified
- Romans 5:6-9 – Christ died for us. He took our record of misdeeds away.
- Romans 8:1 -Christians have no judgment against them.
Don’t get another record.
Dead are Raised
- Romans 6:4 -Dead get to be brought back to life.
- Eph. 2:1-7 – God can bring us back from spiritual death.
Slaves set Free
- Gal. 5:1 – Don’t let the burden of sin drag you back.
- Romans 6:17-22, Romans 8:15 -Don’t be a slave
Enemies are Reconciled
- Romans 5:10-11 – We have been made right with God by Christ.
- Eph. 2:11-22 – We are all together in one body.
If we know the terrible burdens that sin brings into our lives we will not want to go back. If we see the joy we have when we live as free people we don’t want sin in our lives. If we recognize the benefits of total forgiveness we don’t want to sin.
Responses to God’s Total Forgiveness
- Psalm 103:1-7, John 3:19-21 – God offers light to all. Some don’t want the light, but those who want God come to the light.