What Motivates Us in Our Christian Walk?
We all have things we don’t like and things we do like. Just like we can be pleased or displeased by certain things so it is with God.
Doing What Pleases God
- Romans 12:1-2 – Don’t focus on the things of the world, but give yourself as a well pleasing sacrifice to God. Not only can humans do this, but it brings joy to God for us to do this.
- 2 Cor. 5:9 – This emphasizes that it is possible for humans to please God with their actions. It is amazing that we as humans could give something to God that pleases him.
Learning to Please God
- Eph. 5:8-10 – We were operating in darkness (sin) but now we can operate in the light (goodness).
- 1Thess. 4:1 -The Word is instruction on how to please God. We can learn from scripture and other’s examples on how to please God. We need help understanding how to spiritually grow.
God Works in Us What Pleases Him
- Col. 1:9-12 – Grow in the knowledge of God. For us to know what to give him, we must know God. God is also helping us know what pleases him.
- Heb. 13:20-21- God is working in us to help us please him. A perfect God works with us to do things he wants done.
The Motivation for Pleasing God
- Heb. 12:28-29 – God is perfect in his holiness. He consumes sin and yet he gave his son for us. How can we show gratitude on God? We experience God’s mercy and kindness. So, we serve out of love and thankfulness.
- 1 Cor. 7:32-35 – We all need undistracted devotion to God. We want to please God in all we do.
Let’s serve God out of love.
—Robert Lee, 6-8-08, a.m.