The Challenge of Edifying One Another
The Same Mind with One Anofher
- Romans 15:1-6 -Come together to glorify God. We need to choose to focus on the needs of the other Christian. By filling ourselves we are overflowing with good and are able to share.
- Jeremiah 32:37-39, Ezekiel 11:18-20 – God prophecies concerning his people having one heart. This was fulfilled by the sacrifice of Jesus and the belief in Christ.
- Acts 4:32 – This congregation was of one heart. These people were eager to give to one another.
- Romans 12:16 – We are commanded to be of the same mind. We must have a humble attitude in order to share with others and be united with one another.
- 1 Cor. 1:10-13 – We should focus on what we have in common not on where we are different.
- 2 Cor.13:11, Phil. 1:27-28, Phil. 2:1-2- Be like minded. Show the power of God by being unified.
Accepting One Another
- Romans 15:7-12 – All people are being brought in to God’s plan. We need to accept others because Jesus died for all.
Admonishing One Another
- Romans 15:13-14 – We must be willing to correct one another in the Lord’s Church
- Matt. 18:15-20, Gal. 6:1 – If a Christian sins, you are helping them by pointing it out in a gentle way. There is power when Christians work together. We need to have Spiritual attitudes and avoid worldly actions.
- 1 Thess. 5:14 2 Timothy 2:24-25- Admonish gently because you may lead them to Christ the loving Savior.
—Robert Lee, 10-28-07, p.m.