Old Testament Encouragements
- Prov. 9:1-6 – Be wise spiritually and live. Spiritual blessings are eternal.
- Isaiah 25:6 – God offers a spiritual banquet.
- Isaiah 55:1-3 – God’s blessings give your soul abundant food.
Parable of the Marriage Feast
- Matt. 22:1-14 – There were those who refused to come to the king’s feast. There are certain blessings that give life and if we ignore them we will die.
- There were wedding garments provided for the wedding guests so for one to not choose to wear them showed a total disregard for the occasioned the king.
Garments of Salvation
- Isaiah 52:1, Isaiah 61:10 -God provides the people with the clothes of salvation.
- Rev. 3:4, 5, 18 – God dresses people in the purity of salvation.
Not Presuming on God’s Grace
- Rom. 8:12-13 – Live according to the Spirit.
- 1 Cor. 9:37 – Live a disciplined life. We must grow in God’s gifts.
- John 13:10-11 – Judas had never taken in what God had to offer. Judas looked like he was one of the disciples, but he was a betrayer.
Putting on the New Man
- Rom. 13:14 – Constantly put on Christ’s nature.
- Gal. 3:27, Eph. 4:22-24 – Put on your new self – the image of Christ.
- Col. 3:12 – Put on a heart of compassion. God will transform us into Christ’s image.
–Robert Lee, 6-6-10, p.m.