The Importance of Sharing
What causes us to not share our gifts?
Receiving from God
- Matt. 25:14-30 – God wants us to use our talents for his purposes. God has a purpose for the talents he’s given us. Use your talents as you can for others good.
- Matt. 10:8 -You received freely so you should freely give to benefit others. Sometimes we don’t give because we see ourselves as empty. We are not.
- John 12:49 – Jesus acknowledges that the Word was given by God.
- 1 Cor. 11:23 -Paul acknowledges that God gave him the message to share with others.
- 2 Cor. 8:1, 9 9:8, 15 -Outward appearances can be deceptive. Even the very poor can be generous. How much do we recognize what we’ve received from God? Recognizing the blessings we’ve received is how we become generous to others.
- 2 Cor. 8:13-15 – Your abundance can help those need and then their abundance can help you when you are in need. (Exodus 16:13-21)
- Luke 3:11 – If you have two of something and the person next to you has nothing, you should share.
- Matt. 25:1-13 – 5 of these women planned ahead and they were not required to give up what they had collected.
Teaching Responsibility and Simplicity
- 2Thess. 3:6-13 – These people were trying to use the system. These people were instructed to take care of themselves when they are able. (1 Thess. 4:11) , (Eph. 4:28)
- 1 Tim. 6:6-10, 17-1 – We should be content with what we have. God supplies us with what we need. Put your faith in God.
—Robert Lee, 12-14-08, a.m.