Expressing Honor to God
Who makes the greatest sacrifice for Thanksgiving? The turkey. Do we understand the sacrifices we should make for God?
- Psalm 100:1-5 -We are God’s people and we should give thanks to him.
- Psalm 107:17-22 – God saved these people. They gave thanks for God’s loving kindness. We need to express gratitude that is in our hearts. We need to talk about who God is and thank him for that.
- Psalm 116:12 – We should give thanks as a sacrifice to God as the people under the Law gave animal sacrifices to God.
- Psalm 145:1-7 -We should constantly praise God. We need to think about what God does for us so we can thank him.
- Jonah 2:8-10 – He vowed to give thanksgiving to God.
New Testament Exhortations
- Luke 17:15-18 – The one leper gave thanks to Jesus for his healing. He sacrificed to give praise.
- Romans 12:1 -Our whole being is to be a sacrifice of praise to God.
- 1 Peter 2:4-5 -We are a holy priesthood sacrificing to God
- Heb. 13:15 -Our sacrifice is thanks to God for the good he is doing.
A Serious Warning
- Romans 1:21 – Even when these people knew God they didn’t praise and thank God. Their hearts grew cold and the life went out of them.
- Eph. 5:4 – Give thanks instead of saying unconstructive negative things.
—Robert Lee, 11-23-08, p.m.