Introducing Our Theme for 2008
God helps us in selecting our yearly Church theme. We have the opportunity this year to have this theme change our congregational life.
The Reality of Our Salvation
- Ephesians 2:1-9 – Being saved is a reality for Christians. We have the assurance of Salvation because it is a gift of God. Our faith in God gives us salvation.
- Titus 3:3-7 – Our lives have changed because of our salvation. God thru Christ saved us. We can be certain of our salvation because of what God has done for us.
- 2 Peter 1:10-11, 3:17-18 – We have a part to play in our salvation. We need to respond in a way that shows we are sure of our salvation. We grow in our salvation by acting in the way God instructs. We can fall, but as we grow in our Christian lives we are more and more sure. We can grow in our steadfastness.
- Jude 1:24-25 – God is able to make us stand and keep us from stumbling. We can draw closer and grow in our Christianity.
God’s Motivation of Love
- Eph. 2:4, Titus 3:4 – Salvation influences all aspects of our lives in a positive way.
- John 3:16 – God loves all the world and wants all to be in relationship with him.
- John 13:1 -Jesus loves deeply and thoroughly. When we love it transforms our lives. Jesus shows us examples for how to love and how to live.
- John 17:25-26 – Jesus wants to put that perfect love in our lives.
Will We Choose to Serve God?
- Acts 20:35 – It is more blessed to give than receive. You really want to be blessed? – Serve others.
- Romans 12:9-11 – Grow in faith so that you can gain from God.
- Philippians 3:13-14 – Forget what is behind and press on towards the great goals of God. What are you dragging into the new year? Let go of the bad thinking and bad behaviors from the past.
We often talk about military service or serving our country. Soldiers understand the reality of losing their lives. They often feel that they die doing what they love. Can you say the same thing about your service to God?
—Robert Lee, 1-6-08, a.m.