We are shaped to serve God. Just as nature shows us that every animal has a purpose, each person has a purpose.
- God is the architect of the universe. Each of us is created by God. Eph. 2:10
- God expects us to perform the good works he has set for us. Isaiah 43:21 We are to praise God. Job 10:8, Psalms 139:13-16
- God made us beautifully and wonderfully. Everything that happens in our life is used by God to shape us for his glory.
- We must pray about what our gifts and talents. We also can learn about our talents by interacting with other Christians. Try something different to encourage others.1 Cor. 12:4-14
- God decides what gift you receive.
- No one gets all the gifts, but everyone gets at least one.
- The gifts are to help others not just for you.
- We need to appreciate all people’s gifts as we work together in the church.
- If you don’t use your gifts someone else suffers.
- If we don’t use our gifts we can become resentful and envious of others. We can also resent others who don’t share our passion for our service.
You have a unique heart for God. Don’t ignore your special interests in your service to God. This will motivate you in your service.
—Bob Rossow, 12-11-05, a.m.