What Effect Are We Having on the World?
Today we hear a lot about Carbon Footprints or human’s effect on the planet. No matter what our physical impact is, we should have a spiritual impact
We Have a Spiritual Impact on the World Our Spiritual Footprint
- Proverb 15:4, 18:21-Even our words have effects on those around us
- Prov. 19:13, 27:11 -Our attitudes have impacts on others
- Romans 2:23-24 -People see our actions and we can actually cause people to not want to follow God, if our actions are bad.
- 1 Thess. 3:9-10-We can influence in a positive way
God desires us to influence the world for good
- Rom. 7:4-5 -We can influence for God (good) or for death
- 1 Cor. 16:17-18 -We can refresh other’s spirits. We can with God’s help we can be like spiritual water to those who are spiritually stressed.
- 2 Tim. 1:16-18 & Phil. 17, 20- Here are examples of people who sought out those who needed refreshing.
The Power to Affect Positively Comes from God
- Romans 15:1-19 -What was accomplished was by God. The message of hope is the same today and God is looking for those to spread it.
- 1 Cor. 3:5-9 – God causes plants to grow
- Gal. 5:22-25 -God produces the fruits. If we make a positive difference it is by God’s power not ours.
There is no Guarantee that we will affect people as we desire
- Matt. 19:1-22 – Even Jesus told this man what he needed and he couldn’t make him do it. People have free will
- Matt 23:37-38 – Jesus has much to offer, but people have free will
Let’s make spiritual footprints that follow Jesus.
—Robert Lee, 5-4-08, a.m.