When people go in the same direction there is always strong leadership in place.
Two Roles of a Servant
- A visionary role
- An implementation role
Creating a Compelling Vision
- What is our purpose? Matt. 4:18-19 –Jesus gave these men their purpose- be a fisher of people. In John 21:15-17 — Jesus leaves his purpose with Peter – tend my lambs, Shepard my sheep, tend my sheep. We need to understand our purpose and encourage one another in that. God has given us our purpose.
- What is our picture of the future? Matt. 28:19-20 — Jesus gives the picture of going and bringing the gospel to all the nations. (Acts 1:7-8)
- What are our values? Matt. 22:36-40, Luke 9:25, 16:13 — The ultimate value is love – we need to demonstrate God’s love. God must be number one.
Implementing Vision and Goal
- Matt. 20:25-28 —Jesus said that he came as a servant and gave his life for us. Jesus led by example — John 13:1-17, Luke 13:10-17 — Jesus was practical in his implementation.
Clarifying Our Personal Purpose
- Rom. 12:6-8, 1Cor. 12:7-1, 1Peter 4:10-11 -We each have different gifts from God. We need to look for our talents.
–Robert Lee, 1-24-10, p.m.