Experiencing God’s Gift of Life
Psalm 51:8, 12
David wants to receive the total joy of his salvation.
Old Testament Passages
• Psalm 16:7-11 -A relationship with God causes joy. Joy is not always exuberance. Joy is a positive attitude. This can be shown in feelings, outlook, or experiences. We can be joyous in our security of salvation.
• Psalm 35:9-16 – There is only true rejoicing in our relationship with God. Evil rejoices at the misfortunes of others.
• Isaiah 61:10-11 -Rejoicing in God is positive. We are made for positive things. Righteousness is the best way to live.
• Habakkuk 3:16-19 – We can rejoice even when our physical situation is bad. Our spiritual well-being does not depend on our physical circumstances.
New Testament Passages
• Matt. 13:44 -The kingdom is so good and it can sustain our spirits.
• Luke 1:46-47 -Mary is an example of rejoicing in her salvation. Rejoicing is always the appropriate response to God’s salvation.
• Luke 2:10-11 – The shepards responded with joy at the news of salvation.
• Luke 10:19-20 -These people were casting out spirits and Jesus said rejoice that your names are in heaven. Gifts don’t matter as long as you are saved you can rejoice.
• Luke 15:7 -Heaven rejoices when people are saved
• Romans 5:11 -As a result of being saved, we rejoice.
Where’s your joy level? Joy is an evidence of our closeness to God.
• 1 Peter 1:3-16 – Our salvation is completed when we are finally with God.
Pure Joy is from Love – Love God
Joy is from full trust – Trust your salvation. Go fully into God
Joy involves Great anticipation – look fully to the completion of our salvation
• Jude 1:24-25 – Trust God; he is our Savior.
—Roberrt Lee, 7-15-07, a.m.