Reasons to Sing
When people experience something joyous, they show it.
Expressing Joy in Song
• Psalm 20:1-5 – When good things happen we will be singing for joy
• .Isaiah 12:1-6 -Praise because of what God has done for us. Share with others through singing praise.
• Eph. 5:18-20 – There are things the world says will bring joy, but they don’t. Singing can bring joy. Speak out spiritual messages in song.
• James 5:13 – Express your emotions to God through prayer and singing.
• Acts 16:25 – Singing praises can bring comfort in difficult situations.
Remembering the Change in Us
• 1 Cor. 6:9-11 – Think about the progress God has made in your life. We are the recipients of incredible blessings.
• 1 Timothy 1:12-15 – Paul was a violent aggressor, but Jesus saved him and Paul thanked God. We are each unique, but we have a common joy of salvation.
Joy and Faith
• Romans 15:13, 20-21 – Paul wants more of God’s blessings. We should be expectant to receive more blessings. We should live in hope. Joy is the result of seeing things with our spiritual eyes.
• 2 Cor. 1:8-9, 24 – Jesus is raised from the dead and this is a reason for joy. In our faith we are standing firm. When pour spirits are week, we need to fall into the arms of God. We are workers for the joy of the faith.
• Phil. 1:25 – Let us have Joy in our faith.
—Robert Lee, 7-15-07, p.m.