John 3:6-8 and John 7:37
Christians Have the Holy Spirit
- Acts 2:38 – We received the Holy Spirit as a gift.
- Acts 5:32 – The Holy Spirit is given to those who obey God.
- Romans 8:9-11 – Those who have the Spirit belong to Christ.
- 1 Peter 4:14 – We have the Spirit even in suffering. The Spirit stays or abides with the Christian.
The Spirit is not inactive in our lives.
Examples of the Spirit Working
- Luke 1:15 -The baby was filled with the Spirit
- Luke 1:67 -Zacharis proceeds by the Spirit
- Luke 3:21-22 -Baptism of Jesus the Spirit descends
- Luke 4:1 -Jesus was led by the Spirit in the wilderness
- Book of Acts – The acts of the Holy Spirit of God. The kingdom is growing
The Spirit is Active
- Ezekiel 3:12,14 -The Spirit lifted him up
- Acts 8:39 -Philip was in the Spirit and was found in another place
- John 3:6-8 -The Spirit is like the wind – you can’t see it, but you see the effects
- John 7:38-39 -The Spirit is like a river of living water
- John 14:16-17 -The Spirit is a helper
- Romans 8:4 -Walk by the Spirit (Gal. 5:16, 25) As we move through life the Spirit moves with us.
- Romans 8:14 -We are led by the Spirit
Rightly Interacting with the Spirit
- 1 Cor. 14:27-33 – We have choice and responsibility for our actions. We should not use the Holy Spirit as a reason for actions that are improper with the character of God.
- 1 Thess. 5:19-22- We must not quench the Spirit of God.
—Robert Lee, 6-15-08, p.m.