In our world many disasters are caused or aggravated by poor leadership. If there is poor leadership a group cannot react quickly of effectively. Groups working together require leaders.
Leaders Needed for Stability
- Judges17:6, 21:25 -There was no leader in Israel. Everyone did what they thought was right..
- Isaiah 53:4-6 – People always go astray without a leader — like sheep without a Shepard
- Zechariah 13:7 – The Shepard will die and the sheep will fall away. (Jesus and his disciples) Matt. 26:31.
Leaders Should Protect
- Acts 20:28-31 – Paul says to watch out for themselves and for the others. He pleads with the leaders to do their jobs.
- Titus 1:10-16 – Why were elders important? There were people who wanted to lead others astray. We are surrounded by evil and we need people who will point out evil.
We need leaders in today’s church that are willing to confront evil.
Leaders must be respected
- 1 Thess. 5:12-13 – Hold our leaders in high regard
- Heb. 13:17 -Obey leaders. We must make the job of the leader as easy as possible.
If we are an obstacle to leadership we are accountable for our actions.
Leaders are essential in the Church today.
–Robert Lee, 1-17-10, a.m.