The Stories of Saul and David
• 1 Samuel 11:6 – Saul experienced the Holy Spirit of God
• 1 Samuel 16:12-23 David had a heart for God and the Spirit came on David and it left Saul and was replaced by an evil spirit
• 1 Samuel 16:10-12 David playing the harp soothed Saul, but Saul tried to kill David
• David was a witness of what happened when God’s spirit was withdrawn
The Danger Of Being God’s Enemy
• Isaiah 63:7-14, 17 God’s Spirit was taken away from his people
• James 4:4-10 Friendship with the world is hostility toward God. God cares about the spirit in us. God doesn’t want to share with the world.
Relationship with God through the Holy Spirit
• John 14:16-18 God promised a comforter when Jesus is gone from earth
• John 16:5-7 God has sent his Spirit to fill our hearts and minds
• 2 Cor. 3:17 God gives liberty through his Spirit
• Eph. 2:1-2 If we don’t have God we will walk with the spirit of the world
• Eph. 3:14 God will dwell in you with His Spirit and make you full of his good works
• Eph. 4:30 We should not grieve the Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit is presented as person, just as God and Jesus are. We don’t want to lose the relationship with God’s Spirit.
• Eph. 5:17-19 Be filled with the Spirit our helper, counselor and comforter.
–Robert Lee, 7-1-07, a.m