It is so easy to criticize what other’s do. We are often sure our way of serving God is the only way.
Mary Anoints Jesus’ feet
- Matt. 26:6-13 Mary’s actions were criticized, but her love for Jesus was shown in her actions.
Biblical Commands to Love Others
- Lev. 19:17-18 – There is a time to reprove people, but we should do it with love.
- John 13:33-35 (15:12, 17) – Jesus takes the statement from the old law and tells us to live other’s as he has loved us. We are called to love with sacrifice. He also teaches to treat other’s with respect and to love all people globally.
- Galatians 5:13-14 – The whole law is summed up by loving those around us.
- Heb. 13:1 – Be constant and continual in your love
- 1 John 3:23 – Love all as he loved us
Examples of Loving More Deeply
- We are called to love more than on the surface. We must make connections with Christians that doesn’t allow them slip back to the world. Love when things go bad.
Features of True Christian Love
- 1 Peter 1:22 – Have a sincere love for the brothers
- Romans 12:9-10,12:15 -Share emotions with Christians
- Acts 4:32 – Share with one another
- James 5:16- Pray for one another
- 1 John 3:18 – Love with actions
- 1 Cor. 13:4-7 – Love doesn’t give up.
Growing in Love
- 2 Thess. 1:3 – This young church has zeal and it was showing in their love for one another.
—Robert Lee, 6-29-08, a.m.