We sometimes experience power outages, which plunge our homes into darkness. Darkness gives opportunity for people to do wrong and not be seen.
There two different reactions to darkness. You can use the light to do good deeds or you can use the darkness as a cover for evil.
There are two different kinds of sinners.
John 3:18a, 21.
These people go towards the light and turn from darkness.
1John 1:5, 7, 9; 2:1-3,5-6
· The Light of God and the darkness of sin are opposite
· To walk in the light means that the love of God removes the sin from those that walk in the light
· God forgives sins that are brought to Him
· We have an advocate, Jesus, who will brings our sins to God as we confess our wrong doing
· We are called to commit ourselves to God and obey His commandments
· We need to seek good in our lives
· We are in a process of purification
· Christ is our means of cleaning our sins
· A person on God’s side can’t want to hang onto sin
· John 3:18b, 20
· These people look at the darkness as a way to cover evil.
· Matthew 23:25.
· This approach to sin is to cover it up.
· 2 Peter 2:10-13.
· This refers to people who are flaunting their evil and saying to others that they should like it.
1John 1:6,8 10; 2:4.
· We must be honest about the sins in our lives by recognizing what we’ve done wrong
· We must keep the words of God in our everyday lives
· Jesus came to make us realize that we can’t serve God and the Devil
· Jesus came to destroy evil
God is calling us to live a righteous life everyday. God sent the Spirit to help us to make right choices everyday.
What is our attitude towards what is wrong in God’s eyes?
—Robert Lee, 10-24-04, a.m