Worship is the reverent love for God and the forms by which it is expressed. Isaiah 6:1-3, Rev. 4:1-5:14. God is calling us to worship him. God is never confused about what he wants, but sometimes we are confused about worshiping in spirit and truth (John 4:19-26). Where should be worshiping? Is the question from the Samaritan woman asked Jesus. Jesus says the place isn’t what’s important, but the participation of the heart and the Spirit in worship.
Being Spiritual People
- 1 Cor 2:10-15 – The Holy Spirit has come from God to you. The spirit of the world is removed and replaced by God’s Holy Spirit to make us spiritual people. Go inside and repent, change, and orient towards God.
- Rom. 12:1 – Present yourself to God as a physical sacrifice to his service.
- 1 Peter 2:4-5 – We are living stones to build a Spiritual temple for sacrifice to God – sacrifices of praise that come from our inner beings. Heb. 13:16.
The Fruit of God’s Spirit Within
- John 7:37-39 – (Acts 2) -The Spirit of God is Poured out on mankind. Jesus says that people will never be thirsty. Part of the rivers of living water is praises for God (Eph. 5:18).
- Acts 7:51 – Stephen says that these men were resisting the Spirit of God
- 1 Thess. 5:16-20 – Don’t quench the Spirit. We have a choice – seek the Spirit or quench the Spirit.
Becoming Spiritual People
- John 3:38 -Be born of the Spirit. Allow God to work within us by being born of the Spirit. We are no longer bound to the physical world, but to God’s Spirit.
- 1 Peter 1:22-23 – We can change our hearts by reading the word of God.
- Gal. 3:1-3 -Receive the Spirit by faith in the word of God. The word will perfect you.
Have a spiritual mindset to worship God in spirit.
–Robert Lee, 6-13-10, a.m.