People used to make their own products such as soap. Making products like this can be very hard work. This task was for people who were serious about being clean.
Serious About Being Spiritually Clean
- Psalm 51:1-2, 7, 9-10 – Cleanse me from sin and wrong. Don’t let sin separate me from God.
- Ezekiel 36:25, 33 -God cleanses man from sin.
Clean Because of Jesus – by His Words
- John 13: 10-11- Jesus said these disciples were clean except the one. Jesus said to Peter you are clean meaning Jesus had set them apart and they were right with God spiritually.
- John 15:3 – Jesus says these disciples are clean because of Jesus’ words.
- Mark 2:3 – These men want their friend to be healed physically. Jesus saw their faith and he forgave his sins. So that they could know that his sins were healed, Jesus healed him physically.
God’s Gift of Forgiveness
- Acts 15:9 – Our hearts are cleansed by faith.
- 1 Cor. 6:11 -Jesus forgives any sin. Saints are washed, sanctified, and forgiven by Jesus’ words.
- Eph. 5:25-27 -The church is holy and blameless.
- Heb. 9:13 -14 – Jesus’ sacrifice cleanses us of guilt before God.
- Heb. 10:1-4 – We have a freeing sacrifice in Jesus.
- Heb. 10:19-22 – We can be washed by God’s pure water to clean our conscience.
We Are Assured – God Has Taken Care of Our Sins
- 1 John 1:6-9 – Jesus’ blood continually cleanses us from sin. Blood is a cleansing agent in our physical bodies and Jesus’ blood removes toxins from our spiritual lives. We need to walk in the light so that the sins don’t stick to us.
- John 3:18-21 – Love the light and ask God to take sin from your light.
- Rom. 6:14 – Sin is not master over those who are in Christ.
- 2 Peter 1:4-6 – We can partake of the divine nature.
–Robert Lee, 5-30-10, a.m.